TE.L.E.MA.CO. (TEst di Logica E MAtematica e COmprensione verbale) is a tool for verifying the initial knowledge considered essential for effectively engaging in a university course. It is mandatory for all students enrolled in unrestricted access degree programs.
TE.L.E.MA.CO. consists of two sections:
1. A common core for all Courses of Study (CdS), aimed at assessing basic skills in understanding texts in the Italian language (literacy) and logical reasoning abilities (numeracy).
2. A differentiated section based on the chosen Course of Study, aimed at assessing:
- Basic skills in mathematics and logic and their application to experimental sciences (extension-M).
- Advanced analysis of various types of texts (extension-T).
The list of Courses of Study and the respective types of verification are available in the Courses of Study section. Only for students enrolled in the classical curriculum of the Bachelor's degree in Humanities, there is an additional section in Latin-Greek (extension_latino-greco) which is held separately. Exemption is not available for the Latin-Greek extension.
The common core consists of 20 multiple-choice questions, with 10 questions related to the knowledge of the Italian language and comprehension of texts, and 10 questions related to logical reasoning.
The differentiated section for each Course of Study (extension_M, extension_T) consists of 20 multiple-choice questions.
The details regarding the content of the verification (syllabus) are available in the Syllabus section.
An introductory quiz is available in the Aulaweb instance of pre-TELEMACO.
Chi NON è tenuto a sostenere TE.L.E.MA.CO.?
Sono esonerati dalla verifica TE.L.E.MA.CO:
- Gli studenti che hanno conseguito, all'esame di stato conclusivo del secondo ciclo di istruzione superiore (maturità) un punteggio pari o superiore a 90/100 (o punteggio equivalente, in caso di votazione non in centesimi). L’esenzione non è applicabile per i diplomi stranieri.
- Gli studenti già in possesso di una laurea in Italia o all'estero.
- Gli studenti che, a partire dall’a.a. 22/23, hanno superato una verifica TE.L.E.MA.CO. compatibile con il CdS cui si iscrivono (estensione e soglia di superamento).
- Gli studenti iscritti nell’a.a. 2022/23 (e non "rinunciatari") che effettuano un passaggio da corso di studio “affine” dell'Università di Genova e che non sono gravati da O.F.A.. I corsi di studio considerati "affini" sono pubblicati nella sezione Corsi di Studio.
- Gli studenti che effettuano un passaggio da altro Ateneo o una riammissione e che hanno un sufficiente numero di CFU riconoscibili (almeno 12 e in discipline attinent al corso prescelto). Nei casi dubbi sarà il CCS a deliberare.
- Gli studenti che hanno superato, nel 2023 o nel 2022, una verifica pre-TE.L.E.MA.CO. compatibile con il CdS cui si iscrivono (estensione e soglia di superamento)
- Gli studenti del Polo Universitario Penitenziario (PUP).
Solo gli studenti che soddisfano il primo requisito devono indicare l'esenzione nella procedura di preimmatricolazione. L'esenzione dichiarata sarà verificata automaticamente sulla base del voto di diploma.
Gli studenti che soddisfano i requisiti 6 e 7 non devono fare nulla. L'esenzione o il superamento della verifica pre-TELEMACO saranno caricati in carriera d'ufficio.
Gli studenti che intendono usufruire delle esenzioni dalla 2 alla 5, devono compilare entro il 10 novembre 2023 (anche prima di confermare l'immatricolazione) un modulo online su aulaweb al link https://testingresso.aulaweb.unige.it/course/view.php?id=96. L'eventuale esenzione verrà controllata e accordata o meno e sarà data comunicazione di ciò nella stessa pagina aulaweb. Se accordata verrà inserita nella carriera dello studente a cura dell'Ateneo.
Exempted from the TE.L.E.MA.CO. assessment are:
1. Students who obtained a final score equal to or higher than 90/100 (or an equivalent score, in case of non-hundred-point grading) in the final state examination of the second cycle of secondary education (high school). This exemption does not apply to foreign diplomas. Students meeting this requirement must indicate their exemption during the pre-enrollment procedure, and it will be automatically verified based on their high school diploma grade.
2. Students who already hold a degree, either in Italy or abroad.
3. Students who, starting from the academic year 2022/23, have passed a TE.L.E.MA.CO. assessment compatible with the Course of Study (CdS) to which they are enrolling, considering the specific extension and passing threshold.
4. Students enrolled in the academic year 2022/23 (and not "rinunciatari") who are transferring from a "related" course of study at the University of Genoa and do not have additional training obligations (O.F.A.). The courses of study considered "related" are published in the Courses of Study section.
5. Students who are transferring from another university or seeking readmission and have a sufficient number of recognized CFUs (at least 12 CFUs in disciplines relevant to the chosen course). In doubtful cases, the Course of Study Council (CCS) will deliberate.
6. Students who have passed a pre-TE.L.E.MA.CO. assessment in 2023 or 2022, compatible with the Course of Study (CdS) they are enrolling in, considering the specific extension and passing threshold.
7. Students from the Penal University Pole (PUP).
Students who meet the first requirement must indicate their exemption during the pre-enrollment procedure, and it will be automatically verified based on their high school diploma grade.
Students who meet the requirements 6 and 7 do not need to take any action. Their exemption or successful pre-TELEMACO assessment will be automatically recorded in their academic record.
Students who intend to benefit from exemptions from requirements 2 to 5 must fill out an online form on aulaweb at the link provided (https://testingresso.aulaweb.unige.it/course/view.php?id=96) by November 10, 2023 (even before confirming their enrollment). The exemption will be checked and granted or denied, and communication will be provided on the same aulaweb page. If granted, the exemption will be entered in the student's academic record by the University.
Come si svolge TE.L.E.MA.CO.?
Il test TE.L.E.MA.CO si svolge in presenza nelle aule informatica dell'Ateneo (lo studente potrà scegliere fino al limite di posti) utilizzando la piattaforma Aulaweb. Per utilizzare AulaWeb è necessario essere in possesso delle credenziali UnigePass.
Il nucleo comune è costituito da 20 domande a risposta multipla, di cui 1 esatta e 3 sbagliate. La risposta esatta vale 1 punto; quella sbagliata o non data vale 0 punti. La soglia di superamento del nucleo è fissata a 12 punti. Il tempo a disposizione per il nucleo è di 45 minuti.
Solo gli studenti che superano il nucleo comune sono ammessi a sostenere la sezione differenziata per CdS (estensione_M, estensione_T). La sezione differenziata è costituita da 20 domande a risposta multipla, di cui 1 esatta e 3 sbagliate. La risposta esatta vale 1 punto; quella sbagliata o non data vale 0 punti ed il tempo a disposizione è di 55 minuti.
Ogni studente potrà sostenere una sola delle due estensioni. Lo studente verrà indirizzato durante il test verso l'estensione prevista dal corso di studio a cui intende iscriversi. La soglia di superamento dipende dal corso di studio prescelto e sarà a breve disponibile nella sezione Corsi di Studio.
Al termine del completamento dell'estensione, lo studente che non è esonerato da esso deve sostenere anche il test di inglese. Ulteriori informazioni circa il test di inglese e gli esoneri possono essere trovati a questo link.
The TE.L.E.MA.CO test takes place in person in the computer labs of the University (the student can choose from available seats) using the Aulaweb platform. To access Aulaweb, it is necessary to have the UnigePass credentials.
The common core consists of 20 multiple-choice questions, with 1 correct answer and 3 wrong answers. Each correct answer is worth 1 point, while wrong or unanswered questions do not grant any points. The passing threshold for the common core is set at 12 points. Students who pass the common core are allowed to take the differentiated section specific to their chosen course of study, which includes estensione_M and estensione_T. This section also consists of 20 multiple-choice questions, with the same scoring system as the common core, but with a time limit of 55 minutes.
Each student can only take one of the two extensions, and during the test, they will be directed to the extension that corresponds to their intended course of study. The passing threshold for the differentiated section depends on the chosen course of study and will be available shortly in the Courses of Study section.
Upon completing the extension, students who are not exempted from it must also take the English test. Further information about the English test and exemptions can be found at the provided link.
TE.L.E.MA.CO. takes place in 4 editions. Each student can participate in only one edition. For the academic year 2023/24, the test will be held on the following dates:
1st EDITION: September 14 and 15
2nd EDITION: September 27, 28, and 29
3rd EDITION: October 25 and 26
4th EDITION: November 21
It is strongly recommended to participate in the first two editions.
To take the TE.L.E.MA.CO. test, it is sufficient to be pre-enrolled; it is not necessary to have confirmed enrollment or paid the first installment.
To sit for the test, it is necessary to make a reservation. The terms and reservation procedures will be available in the "Reservation for the Test" section.
Come si assolvono gli OFA?
How to fulfill OFAs?
The OFA can be fulfilled by taking a mandatory self-training recovery course called PER.S.E.O. (Support Path for Any OFAs), after which it is necessary to take the TE.S.E.O. (Test for Fulfillment of Any OFAs).
PER.S.E.O. is delivered through the University's online training platform (Aulaweb) and therefore has no time limitations for access. There are three different sections of PER.S.E.O.: one for the common core and one for each differentiated section (estensione_M, estensione_T).
Please note: The self-training course PER.S.E.O. is reserved for students who have taken the TELEMCO test in the September, October, or November 2022 editions and have not passed either the Common Core or the extension required by their Course of Study.
Failing to pass the common core requires mandatory attendance in the PER.S.E.O. sections for the common core and the differentiated section indicated by the Course of Study.
Failing to pass only the differentiated section (estensione_M, estensione_T) requires mandatory attendance in the corresponding differentiated section.
Students who took the pre-TELEMACO test in March-April-May 2023 and did not pass the Common Core or the extension can retake the test in one of the four editions in September, October, November. In the meantime, they can optionally attend PER.S.E.O., starting from mid-June approximately.
TE.S.E.O. takes place in 3 editions. For the academic year 2023/24, it will be held on the following dates:
1st EDITION: November 8 (only for students who took TE.L.E.MA.CO. in the September editions and completed PER.S.E.O. by November 4). Registration is required by November 4 at 12:00 PM.2nd EDITION: November 30 (only for students who took TE.L.E.MA.CO. in the September or October editions and completed PER.S.E.O. by November 24). Registration is required by November 24 at 12:00 PM.3rd EDITION: December 19 (for all students who completed PER.S.E.O. by December 14). Registration is required by December 14 at 12:00 PM.4th EDITION: January 24, 2024 (reserved for foreign students who graduated abroad)
The structure and passing criteria of TE.S.E.O. are similar to those indicated for TE.L.E.MA.CO.
Students who do not pass TE.S.E.O. are not required to attend the self-training recovery course PER.S.E.O. again.
Cosa succede se non si supera nessuna edizione di TE.S.E.O.?
What happens if no edition of TE.S.E.O. is passed?
Following the failure to pass all three TE.S.E.O. tests, to fulfill the OFA, the student must acquire at least 12 CFUs by passing exams in the priority subjects indicated in the appendix for each Course of Study. The student's study plan will consist solely of the subjects identified as priorities by the Course of Study to fulfill the OFAs.
Upon fulfilling the OFAs, the study plan will be fully unlocked, and the student can take any scheduled exam.
The OFAs must be satisfied within the first year of the course.
The student who does not fulfill the OFAs within the established deadline for submitting the study plan must enroll in the academic year 2024/25 as a repeating student and will not be able to include second-year subjects.
Se ho gli O.F.A. posso frequentare le lezioni e dare gli esami?
If I have the OFAs, can I attend classes and take exams?
The student who has not yet fulfilled the OFAs can submit the study plan (possibly opting for part-time enrollment), attend classes, and take any partial exams. Even the student who has not yet taken TE.L.E.MA.CO. can attend classes and take partial exams, but they cannot submit the Study Plan until after the last edition in November.
However, it is not possible to take exams before January 2024. From January 2024, priority must be given to exams that fulfill the OFAs. Other exams will be temporarily blocked.
Per maggiori informazioni consultare il sito https://unige.it/studenti/telemaco
For more information, please refer to the website https://unige.it/studenti/telemaco